Friday, October 21, 2011

A Butterfly is Patient

A Butterfly Is Patient



By: Dianna Hutts Aston



Illustrations: Sylvia Long












Intended for grades K-5



Have you every wondered what it would be like if you could fly? Ever think how life would be if you were a butterfly? Do you wish you knew more about butterflies? Well Dianna Hutts Aston and Sylvia Long show us what its like to be a butterfly. The life cycle of a butterfly is shown and explained as well as the many different varieties of butterfies there really are. Throughout the book there is information about their coloring, how they drink, the different scales there are and even how they migrate. We even get to learn about the biggest butterfly and the smallest one! We also learn the differences between a butterfly and a moth because they are sometimes easily confused.


I have learned so much information about butterfies from this book. I suggest it to anyone who enjoys butterflies and wants to learn more about them. The spectacular pictures really make this book, without them I don't think it would be such an exciting book. The butterflies look they are going to fly off of the page. They are just so beautiful. Sylvia Long, the illustrator provides such realistic illustrations. Each page I turned the butterflies looked more and more real. She is an absolutely amazing artist.

I think that the younger children would really enjoy reading this book and looking at the amazing art work. This book would be great if you are talking about life cyles in class or learning about different animals. It is a very informative book and I think children can gain alot of knowledge by reading it.

No comments: